lundi 5 avril 2010

Sultana Blondies


These golden raisin blondies won over the Denoux family I had Easter dinner with yesterday. I passed the recipe on to them, as I will now do to you, in my quest to slowly but steadily infiltrate the French pastry market with the best of American treats.


Blondies are not only the brownie's blonde kid sister, they have a gooey chewiness all of their own and have more possibility than brownies for additions, including nuts, chocolate chips, caramel, peanut butter, dried fruit, or candy pieces.


I like the sexiness of the name "sultana", so I throw in golden raisins, dried apricot pieces, walnuts, and chocolate chips.


Blondies

16 Tbsp (230 grams) butter, melted
2 cups (400 grams) brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
pinch salt
2 cups (220 grams) flour
add golden raisins, apricot chunks, walnuts, and chocolate chips to taste


1. Mix all ingredients.
2. Bake at 350 F (180 C) for about 35 minutes.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire